Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unable to log into Glyph (can't authenticate)

CX Version: CrossOver Linux 14.1.3
Application: RIFT
Operating System: Gentoo Linux

I'm using the standalone client (ie: not the steam client version). I used the Crosstie at Codeweavers to install.

I'm unable to log into Glyph, the launcher/updater program that loads before pulling up the Rift client.

When I try to log into Glyph, I get a box that says "Authenticating". The client takes a while and then pops up a box that says:
Network operation timed out. Please check your connection. (Error #2025)

I can log in on Windows, so I know my username/pw is correct. There are no network issues (I can ping auth.trionworlds.com). I don't have a firewall installed and I've reset my router.

This is what appears in my Glyph logs:

[2015-06-12T19:59:23Z] Host auth.trionworlds.com resolves to 208.94.26.148
[2015-06-12T19:59:23Z] Getting auth token
[2015-06-12T19:59:23Z] Adding task 3 of type GetAuthToken
[2015-06-12T19:59:23Z] Starting task 3 of type GetAuthToken
[2015-06-12T19:59:38Z] Auth token request failed with result Timeout, HTTP result 0, CURL code 28, CURL message 'Resolving timed out after 10360 milliseconds', Trion message ''
[2015-06-12T19:59:38Z] Network operation timed out. Please check your connection. (Error #2025) (#2025, last message: Auth token request failed with result Timeout, HTTP result 0, CURL code 28, CURL message 'Resolving timed out after 10360 milliseconds', Trion message '')
[2015-06-12T19:59:38Z] Finished task 3 of type GetAuthToken

I have no idea what I might be able to do to resolve this. When searching for this issue online the "fix" is to contact Trion support. Trion support refuses to troubleshoot with me (of course) as I'm using Linux.

Since I'm on Gentoo I'm "probably" missing a small library Glyph needs to authenticate.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve this I'd appreciate it.

If there is a small library, I'm missing it too. I'm running on Arch Linux.

I wonder if this is related to my issue with EA's Origin.

edit: Nope. It isn't related the Origin issue. It seems to be due to my VPN. I disabled it, and then i was able to connect. I'll chat up Trion world. I don't like dropping my VPN.

edit2: However, it seems as if it only needs to be dropped the first time.

edit3: Okay. Juggling a VPN and Rift is more trouble than I had previously though.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQU1nN24yOUhLWFhlOXJIcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9