Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Rift crashes Macbook Pro during update

I searched the forums and have not seen anyone else having this issue, but I sincerely hope that one of you can help. I have a Macbook Pro running OSX 10.9. I have been using Crossover to plan Rift for some time with success. However, each time there is an update to Rift (and you have to update to play), the update process crashes my MBP, rebooting it. In the past, this was only an irritation as it only crashed once and then complete the update after a reboot. However, with the latest update, my MBP crashes every time during the update. I tried using Steam through Crossover as well and still I get a crash. I removed and reloaded Rift with the same results. Last, I tried going back to running Rift under Windows 7 via VM Ware and the crash occurs at the same place. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Im having the same problem. idk why this is occuring but if you get it working let me know how

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVlFwVXM1Mko2YWVCSFRGZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9