Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

The Recent Skinny

Hello,

I am running on a Mac Mini, OSX 10.8.5 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, with 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Ram.

I initially ran RIFT on the 12.2.5 model of Crossover but had intermittent landscape Graphical Anomalies, as well as a Shadowed Outline of my character's appearance on the left hand side of the screen.

Reading further on the forums, I downgraded to 12.2.2 of Crossover and selected the "Emulate Virtual Desktop" in the graphic interface of the Wine Bottle and it took care of "most" of the graphical anomalies. However, the Chat Box flickers sporadically, and every now and so often (more now than so often) I get a black "splotch" anomaly on the landscape, whenever panning or scrolling my camera view or traveling. While the "splotch" only lasts milliseconds, it does take away from the immersion.

I had initially ran RIFT on my Alienware Tower I bought last year, and am aware of the graphical prowess of the engine RIFT runs on. As is the case with every single PC I have ever owned (7), my macs (2) have outlasted them all. While I know MACS are frowned upon in the (gaming) community, I would like to take this time to say that both PC's and MAC's ore splendid tools with so much potential each, but MAC's have bought much to my table, and have gained my trust hands down.

That said:

I wanted to take this time to point out the few flaws still left in this Crossover, as well as give my heartfelt thanks for providing an easily accessible tool for us MAC users to use to gain access to some of our favorite PC games. Thank you ever so much for what it is worth, both COdeweaver Devs and Community Geniuses. Your work does not go without impact.

Sincerely,
A Geek

EDIT: I just wanted to also point out how funny it is (at this time apparently only to mineself) that I spelled my last name incorrectly!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiemZTcEFBWU5HazNDNEZYYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9