Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Patch 1.2 currently breaks support for Rift with CrossOver Games

Yesterday, Trion released Patch 1.2 into the wild. This was exiting news!

Then, the game stopped launching for all users playing the game with CrossOver Games, Wine and various other Wine methods.

We are currently looking into the issue and doing our best to resolve it. Unfortunately, we have no current ETA on a resolution.

If you have not already done so, please submit a Support Ticket (or email info@codeweavers.com) and ask to be added to bug number 8333. This will allow us to more easily give you updated information as we have it.

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience!

If you are submitting a log to us, please submit it in attachment form rather than pasting it into the body of your message. Note, at this time we are not requesting log files.

Caron Wills wrote:

We are currently looking into the issue and doing our best to
resolve it. Unfortunately, we have no current ETA on a resolution.

Just so we're clear - we have a team of 5 people looking into this, including myself and Alexandre Julliard, the maintainer of Wine. So please believe me when I say we are doing everything in our power. There are also signs that Trion is taking Wine more seriously; if you can politely encourage them to continue to do that, that would be helpful.

Cheers,

Jeremy White
CEO
CodeWeavers

Thanks for working hard on this for us.

Yeah thanks guy's for u're hard working hope you can repair all this

According to a Dev on Rift. They think they may have figured out the problem and hopefully will have it taken care of in the next Hotfix.
No, I don't know when. If I were even slightly tech savvy I would link to the page. I'm not.

this is the Rift Forum post from the Dev

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?188265-Disallowing-play-using-WINE&p=2401756&viewfull=1#post2401756

[i]Hey guys -

Apologies for what happened with the WINE / RIFT incompatibilities... luckily, we think we've figured out a way to make it all work again, and it should go out in our next hotfix update.

Thanks for your patience!
Alex[/i]

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1NzEwMjQ4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQXJQeTlTR0hBVnBBcEhRYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9